I’m a mentor, leader, songwriter, singer, actor, writer, director, publisher, producer and workshop leader. I like to play. I like to have fun. I like to make people laugh.
I love to engage, listen deeply and shine a light on others’ talents and brilliance. I’m a creative, strategic, detail orientated leader who has succeeded in an eclectic array of roles:
Coach, Mentor, Leader- Helping people reengage with their creativity and leadership, make decisions and take risks, and see how amazing they are.
Project Manager for the Gander Mountain e-commerce site.
Creative Director of Web for Coldwater Creek.
Ad Agency- Produced and directed videos and films, wrote radio and video scripts. Copy and script writer with a knack for reaching the hearts and minds of each audience.
Internal Communications Manager for a global DuPont company- brought employees together around common goals.
Camp counselor for Digital Detox’s Camp Grounded- a summer camp where grownups go to unplug and play.
Networker- Social, print, video, audio, music, face to face, events – all of it. I bring people together, inspire them to participate, purchase, and become loyal participants.
Journalist and Broadcast Communicator.
Creative in thought, meticulous in detail and execution, I am absolutely committed to doing things well and with a purpose. At the end of the day, I want to know that what I did made a positive difference.
A believer in lifelong learning, I recently tested my marketing chops with an inbound marketing class on HubSpot.
SONGWRITER As a songwriter, I believe that as I expose my truest self, and communicate that exposed truth with emotional integrity, I create a deep connection with listeners. Some of my songs are light and playful, some explore more serious topics, but in all of them you will find vulnerable honesty. I write custom songs and jingles, sync my tunes for movies, TV and adverts, and license them to singers/performers.
- I enjoy collaborative efforts and welcome demo projects and lending my voice to jingles, voice overs or movie/tv theme songs.
- Solo act performing originals and covers in the Northwest US, 2005 – present. Opened for the Clumsy Lovers, played at the Maryhill Winery, Pend O Oreille Winery, and Willamette Valley Vineyards. Performed at everything from fundraisers to coffee shops to art galleries to hippie hangouts and everything in between.
- The Heaters, an R&B band in Des Moines, Iowa 1992 – 2002 We opened for Tower of Power, the Fifth Dimension and played hundreds of gigs in Kansas City, Des Moines, Iowa City, and Minneapolis (and a gagillion smaller towns when we first started).
- Jazz combo in Des Moines, Iowa 1994 – 2002 Had regular gigs at the Savery Hotel, 8th street restaurant, Governor’s events, and appeared on several telethons including two national Easter Seals telethons.
WORKSHOP Reengage Your Creativity and Intuition – a Songwriting Workshop was developed as part of my Artist in Residency at Kalani in November 2012. This workshop is about rediscovering and using your greatest qualities and being playful while writing a song. I used this workshop as a framework to create a songwriting class for the Forrest Bird Charter School, which I will offered beginning April 2013. I will be teaching mini-songwriting workshops at Digital Detox’s Camp Grounded in June 2014.
LEADER DEVELOPMENT: I spent the month of June 2014 as a “camp counselor” at Digital Detox’s Camp Grounded – a summer camp where grownups go to unplug and be kids again. I mentored 72 women, helping them reconnect with themselves and others (without technology). I developed tools, games and icebreakers to get to know them and help them get to know each other. I led songwriting playshops. Snow said: “I loved your leadership style and so appreciate your ability to share the rules, ask for discussion, and to nudge everyone in a way that brought out their best, without necessarily realizing they were still being led.”
VOICE OVER TALENT – 1992 – present Lava Mountain Video Game, Radio, Books on “Tape” and film VO for hundreds of commercials and jingles including McDonalds, Napa Auto Parts, Iowa Lottery, Powerball, political candidates, Hy-Vee (grocery chain), Anderson-Erickson dairy products, Wal-Mart Garden Center, Carnation Baby Food, the Des Moines Playhouse,
and many others.
ACTOR: On-Camera talent On camera talent for training videos – Employee Assistance Program, AIDS Project and Easter Seals. Was spokes-model for Anderson-Erickson dairy products and Ruan Grand Prix. National TV commercials for Chevrolet, Magazine Source, and Powerball.
ACTOR: Stage Productions
Red Tape, Panida Theatre, Sandpoint ID and Interplayers, Spokane, WA 2010
Jesus Christ Superstar, Des Moines Playhouse, Des Moines, IA 1994
Oklahoma!, Fridley Community Theatre, Minneapolis, MN 1987
Evita, Minnesota Opera, Minneapolis, MN 1985
- AIDS Educational Videos – Funded by the Iowa Dept of Education and the Center for Disease Control, I researched, wrote, cast, and directed three videos to teach Middle School students about AIDS. All three videos focused on raising or maintaining self-esteem as a way to avoid being pressured into doing something that could expose the youth to HIV. I developed a powerful theme – Stop, Talk, Walk – which helped many students well beyond middle school and the scope of AIDS education. When in a tough or scary situation, STOP it. Then, TALK to the other person about what you want. If they won’t listen or continue to pressure you, WALK away. Easy to remember and powerful protection.
- Radio spots, industrials, and tv commercials 1990 – present Employee Assistance Program sexual harassment training video, Pioneer/DuPont Detasseling video and radio, WalMart Garden Center radio, Des Moines Area Community College radio, Iowa Society of CPAs radio, Pioneer/DuPont Recruiting radio, Des Moines Playhouse radio, Magazine Source tv commercials, Northwest World Traveler video, Carnation Baby Food commercial, and the list goes on and on.
- Web and e-mail Coldwater Creek Web and e-mails (e-commerce), Pioneer/DuPont Web and e-mails (recruiting and employee Intranet), WalMart Garden Center Web, Iowa Society of CPAs Web, Des Moines Playhouse Web, Project Manager for Gander Mountain e-commerce site.
- Blog Soul Appeal is a nifty place to find stories, music and stuff that makes you smile, feel good. I write short stories for Soul Appeal.
- Interviews I conduct telephone interviews and write accompanying articles for American Personalities and Vintage Allies Broadcasting. The latest is of Bill and Susan Hayes about their book, Trumpet.
PRODUCER Co-Produced Walking On Water, my first CD of all original tunes – released Sep 2008. You can listen at http://dawnyaclarine.com http://facebook.com/dawnyac or http://dawnyaclarine.bandcamp.com
- KPND Triple A Radio, Sandpoint, Idaho 2005 – 2007 On-air afternoon drive personality with a reach of 500,000+. Stayed on top of current tunes and artists to provide “happening” info for listeners. Interviewed bands and other visiting artists on-air. Recorded their live performances for playback.
- KFMG Triple A Radio, Des Moines, Iowa 1993-1995 On air weekend personality, remotes, and judged music/band competitions and events. Also did the Under the Radar show, discovering new regional and local bands.
Brigham Young University – Journalism and Broadcast Communications
do you have any CD’s other than the one with Breathe on it?