WHY I TEACH THIS WORKSHOP
Songwriting is the most vulnerable art form. To write a great song, you take a deep emotional dive to uncover the truth and wisdom that is uniquely yours to share. The process becomes a journey of self-discovery.
As I help participants write their songs in a safe, supportive space, other life changes unfold: they realize their creative potential, become more confident, are lighter and more playful, take greater risks, stretch, grow, soar. In short, their lives get better as they begin to remember their own brilliance.
The song writing exercises result in an experience that is transferable to a host of other areas of their lives and careers.
I love doing this and seeing the difference I am helping people make for themselves. It is an experience that will change your idea about your creative abilities. You will move from fear to fascination. You will remember you can do anything.
IGNITE YOUR CREATIVITY – A SONGWRITING WORKSHOP
With someone to constantly remind you that anything is possible, you’ll let go of what is keeping you from creating everything you want to create.
In this breakthrough style workshop, you’ll imagine your possibilities, and then discover how to consistently say yes to them.
IGNITE YOUR CREATIVITY THROUGH SONGWRITING WILL HELP YOU:
- Rev up your enthusiasm for doing what you want to do
- Kick-start and engage creative thinking about anything
- Get rid of your “inner gremlins” and build your self-confidence
- Have some fun as you create something
- See that you are like other people in having fears and doubts that hold you back
- Meet new people, and get a rush of energy from seeing them grow and go
- Help you creatively engage and solve any challenge
DURING THE WORKSHOP:
- You will think of, work on, and complete a song. If this is your first attempt, you’ll have a song and it will be better than you expected. If it’s the next song in your series, you’ll do it better than ever before, and have more fun doing it.
- You’ll get past thinking you can’t and remember that you can! Explore the most common blocks that keep people from doing what they want to do, then work through them.
- You will unwind your creative tangles with a variety of tools and challenging mental exercises, designed to help you open up and get going. Some of the exercises are deep and soul seeking and others fun and playful. You’ll get to decide which is which for you.
- You will do exercises that get rid of the inner editor and critic that stymies possibilities before they get off the ground. Great ideas are often rejected during self-talk, and your wonderful creations are never born. You’re going to learn some new ways to stop that negative inner voice.
- You will look at some songwriting tips and tools to help polish your thoughts and lyrics, and write intuitive melodies.
- You will receive support and coaching as you prepare to perform your song in front of a small, encouraging audience.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Awesome! I just completed Dawnya’s Songwriting Workshop and it was an absolutely wonderful experience! Have you ever met someone who was so positive and encouraging that you still felt great hours and days after interacting with that person? Dawnya is one of those people. What I also learned very quickly is that Dawnya is an incredibly creative and talented person who has the gift of being able to teach what she knows in a way that is fun and exciting. She has assembled her considerable talent and experience into what I believe is an extremely well designed workshop. Dawnya shares techniques and tools that she has discovered and finds helpful. Writing a song is not easy—it takes time, patience, and persistence. However, one thing you will discover from working with Dawnya is that it will be and should be fun, and that anyone has the ability to create something special! Paul Anacki
Thank you Dawnya for your guidance, inspiration and encouragement. You are going to be the midwife to the birth of many great songs. Heather McElwain
Through this workshop I unkinked my creativity and let it all go. Thanks Dawnya! Sally Dennison
Every community that embraces Dawnya will benefit greatly from a creative blossoming of compassionate connections. Richard Koob
Dawnya created a safe, fun, vibrant space which kept me wanting to come back for more. I never expected to write a song that I’m so proud of. Kay Furse
Your song writing class was the most amazing and infectious class that I have ever taken. Not only did you teach us that all people can and should express themselves freely, but that it’s ok to think and sometimes act like a little kid. Dawnya you are a spectacular, nice, smart, and determined person and song writer. Julia Buchanan (Forrest Bird Charter School student)
Dawnya created opportunities for us to see how creative we are, and then offered us tools to craft these newly revealed self-expressions into something honest and professional. Jenn Brooks
This workshop is for anyone who has been putting off doing something they truly want to do. Tim Martin
As a performing songwriter, Dawnya brought chutzpa and her own touching story which was an infectious agent of transformation for the rest of us. I felt open and safe. I loved watching others in the class break out of their self-imposed walls. I would recommend this workshop to anyone who has felt that their inner artist was squelched over the years. Mora Judd
When I first walked into your Songwriting Workshop, there was an air of joy and creativity which let loose in bursts of laughter and self-expression. I enjoyed how you simplified our song writing process while maintaining creative freedom. Bryan Nova Brey
SOME OF THE SONGS CREATED DURING THE WORKSHOP
Keala Horwatt The Sea Song
Kay Furse Full of Grace
Jenn Brooks Love’s Always There
Bryan Brey 15 Things
Dawnya Clarine A Million Laugh Lines
It was so wonderful to get to know you a bit at Hollyhock, and thank you so much for the great music!!!! Love track #1!!!
Pingback: Dawnya Clarine Supplemental Information - Bountiful Productions
Thank you for the brilliant songwriting workshop Dawnya. You helped me remember I can do anything.
Pingback: Rebelle Society
Awesome! I just completed Dawnya’s Songwriting Workshop and it was an absolutely wonderful experience! My workshop was unique in that I completed it long distance via telephone, “meeting” with Dawnya weekly over a two month period. Have you ever met someone who was so positive and encouraging that you still felt great hours and days after interacting with that person? Dawnya is one of those people. What I also learned very quickly is that Dawnya is an incredibly creative and talented person who has the gift of being able to teach what she knows in a way that is fun and exciting. She has assembled her considerable talent and experience into what I believe is an extremely well designed workshop. Dawnya shares techniques and tools that she has discovered and finds helpful. Writing a song is not easy—it takes time, patience, and persistence. However, one thing you will discover from working with Dawnya is that it will be and should be fun, and that anyone has the ability to create something special!